Purpose, definition, and Scope
This ESG policy is a set of guidelines that outlines our company's commitment to sustainability and ethical practices. Its purpose is to define the values and principles that guide our actions and decisions, particularly with respect to the impact on the environment, society, and our overall governance.
The principles in this ESG policy are consistent with our mission, culture, and corporate philosophy. We are committed to long-term relationships with employees and customers. Integrity is a cornerstone of our culture, and a sustainable and reliable global food supply is our reason for being:
With our processing machines, custom-made solutions, and expertise, we empower producers to efficiently and reliably produce enough high-quality food to feed all humans, pets, and livestock on the planet. Now and in the future.
Our ESG policy is built on three main objectives:
- Environment: reduce the environmental impact of ourselves, our customers, and the industries we serve
- Social: lead by example as a great employer and contributor to our community
- Governance: comply with all laws and regulations and report on our progress toward our environmental and social objectives
This policy serves as a roadmap for us to balance economic growth with the well-being of people and the planet. However, as Dinnissen, we believe in transparency and accountability. We want to be a reliable partner for all stakeholders and to embed our efforts in our organization, we have achieved integral certification of ISO 9001, 14001, 27001, and 45001.
At Dinnissen, reducing environmental impact and managing environmental risks are no separate tasks, but an integral part of day-to-day business operations. We have established an environmental management system to formalize principles and monitor progress. This way of working leads us as an organization to increasingly higher levels of environmental performance. And by sharing our knowledge with customers, partners, and competitors, we are aiming to move entire industries toward better environmental performance. We reduce our own environmental impact by:
- Being energy neutral for our electricity, as our energy consumption comes 100% from renewable sources
- Minimizing the consumption of energy, water, and raw materials
- Maximizing resource efficiency in all our operations
- Minimizing waste, pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions
- Complying to all relevant environmental laws and regulations, and actively seeking out opportunities to exceed the requirements
To increase our positive impact, we help our customers reduce their environmental footprint by:
- Designing and developing production lines, machines, and systems that are efficient and robust
- Enhancing our customers’ production processes by making them as energy- and resource-efficient, productive, and sustainable, as possible
- Helping our customers improve the quality of their food, feed, or petfood, in terms of nutritional value and product safety
- Helping our customers minimize product waste and recall by preventing product damage and contamination
- The safety, health, well-being, and satisfaction of all people involved in our organization are paramount
- We respect, maintain and promote fundamental human rights, proclaimed by the Universal Declarations of Human Rights and national laws, including but not limited to the principle that employment is freely chosen, freedom of association and collective bargaining, and the adherence to the minimum employment age limit defined by national laws and relevant ILO standards
- We have assigned a QHSE manager and integrated a management system for health and safety at work, certified to the highest standards, to provide a safe and hygienic working environment, and to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of or occurring in the course of work, by minimizing, so far as reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees have equal opportunities, and are treated with respect and dignity. Undesirable behavior such as verbal an non-verbal conduct of any form of violence, aggression, harassment, intimidation, and discrimination based on color, race, nationality, religion, belief, political opinion, age, disability, gender, marital status or sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. For developing and maintaining a respectful workplace, we have in place a policy and assigned a confidante within our organization for providing advice and guidance to potential victims (and other stakeholders), to investigate any complaint and to find a solution to counteract any form of undesirable behavior
- We enable our employees and other stakeholders to report concerns or potentially unlawful practices at the workplace
- We support the development of our employees by offering training and professional development opportunities
- We have an in-house learning and development center for students and graduates and collaborate with schools and universities
- We give back to our community and focus on initiatives, local associations, and charities that are close to our employees
- We aim to be transparent about our environmental, social, and economic impact, progress, and performance. We are convinced that business integrity is the basis of any commercial relationship
- We are committed to compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and to the highest ethical standards in our business practices. We respect international trade restrictions and sanctions, including any legislative amendments, as well as applicable embargoes and regulations regarding export controls. Bribery, fraud, money laundering, conflict of interest, and corruption have no place in our business and will not be tolerated.
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information assets. To this end, we have implemented a cyber security program based on ISO 27001 standard.
- We will maintain effective internal controls and financial reporting processes to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our financial results
- We will prioritize the interests of employees and actively seek their input into the decision-making process
- We will report on our progress and results
Our sustainability team executes this ESG policy and serves as an inspiration to all members of the organization. Dinnissen’s management is responsible for regularly reviewing and updating the ESG policy, and ensuring that it remains aligned with Dinnissen’s values, long-term goals, and annual objectives.
Dated, January 2023
The board of directors
Director of Operations
What customers say about us
Filled three complete factories
Dinnissen has filled an entire factory for us with a complete production line, on three different occasions. They just get it right: from mixers and sifters to sampling and automation.
Erik Schut- Managing Director - Jonker & Schut
Fully automated sampling
We considered several machine developers, but the high quality of the Dinnissen machines and the competence and commitment of the employees were decisive for us.
Arjan van Dijk- Project Manager - Ausnutria
Six-fold increase of total production
Production has gone from 3-5 tons per day to 30 tons per day. That's a six-fold increase in total production.
Michiel de Boer- CEO - Nöll & Co.
Quadrupled production capacity
In collaboration with Dinnissen, we have quadrupled our production capacity from 3 to 12 tons per hour.
Harald Schmalwieser- Managing Director - Solan
Technicians, not salespeople
Dinnissen's representatives strive for the best solutions. They are engineers first and salespeople second.
Frans van Zutven- Founder and Director - Van Zutven
Mixers have been running 30 years
Dinnissen machines may not be the cheapest in terms of purchase price, but in terms of value for money, there are none better. Our Dinnissen mixer has been running extremely reliably for 30 years.
Adwin van der Vorst- Directeur - VDV Group
Drastically improved feed-quality
90% of our customers with laying hens have already switched to the new feed produced using the Pegasus® mixer and the Thermidor® system.
Kurt Egli- Former manager - Egli Mühlen
Tailor-made solution for every problem
What charmed us most about Dinnissen was that they responded perfectly to our questions each time: they jumped right in and quickly came up with a tailor-made solution to each problem.
Jos Falvay- Project manager - Perstorp
The importance of hygiene and safety requirements
Dinnissen fully understood the importance of hygiene and safety requirements in our industry. They went the extra mile by providing us with all the necessary documentation, all ATEX drawings, and full traceability.
Anton Vleeshouwers- Project Director - DSM
World player in process technology
To realize production processes of the best quality, we work closely with Dinnissen: One of the strongest players in the world in process technology and hygienic design.
Gerben Koopmans- Project Engineering Manager - Nestlé
High-quality vacuum coaters
We chose to work with Dinnissen because they supply high-quality vacuum coaters that fit exactly within our production lines.
Arnold Balledux- Global Technical Head Animal Feeds & Vice-president Animal Feed & Protein - Olam Agri
Mixing time of 60 seconds per batch
Previously, we had standard times in the mixing process of 14 - 15 minutes. With the Pegasus® mixer we achieve a mixing time of 60 seconds per batch.
Lothar Pixa- Director - Planta
Dinnissen thought along with us from start to finish. For example, they used existing drawings for these new mixers to save us costs in the engineering phase.
Pieter Gorter- Project Manager - ForFarmers
No challenge is too big
At Dinnissen, they think in terms of challenges, not problems. They don't give up and keep going until there is a solution that satisfies all parties.
Martin Sonneveld- Production Director - United Petfood Waalwijk
Service on weekends
One day there was an important issue and one of Dinnissen's engineers immediately took action during the weekend. I have never seen other foreign partners do this.
Mr. Kimio Aono- Founder - APTe Japan